02 October 2007

lachesis


I saw your name
just your name
and felt a bloom
of heat
right here
so I know
what my mind
has put aside
my body
remembers
and all week
while waiting
i've woven
loose threads
into a web
in which i
lie
pretending
to be
horrified
but secretly
in thrall
to the sting
and wonder
of who you are now
and an instinct
to unravel
our lives
and spin us
and time
into one
strand
then i hear
your voice
at last
telling me how
you died and
were retrieved
three times
how your
brokeness
changed you
and god
i can't
bear this
but I watch
our souls
stretch
behind us
to that place
we just know
our destinies
won't fit
until we do
so with fate
urging you
to admit
i was
a mystery
so strange
you couldn't
lean my way
except for
that one
time when
innocence
was lost
to us
i want to
climb into
that small space
you
made for me
sit watching
your mouth
and weave
new memories
holding them
to me like
a child
we never had
safe
enough
to take
into my heart

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Danae. I'm glad to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god danae... me too... me too... me to............

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've woven
    loose threads
    into a web
    in which i
    lie pretending
    to be horrified


    Love that part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.