12 December 2007

bibliomancy for a Jupiter-Pluto conjunction

this is taken from 'Fire in the Stone, the Alchemy of Desire':

"I see our task now to be that of looking yet again to our own shadows. Though I would not encourage us simply to get on the bandwagon of the collective, victim-identified child, I also do not believe we can ignore its psychological reality. When we look simply at the shadow of this child, it is easy to dismiss it. What we really need is an awareness of the shadow of shadow awareness."

(Patricia Berry - Reductionism/Finalism and the Child)

2 comments:

  1. I'm deep into my shadow - and it also happens to be my dark moon phase of my cycle.

    I'm feeling everything in a raw and vulnerable - just a sideway glance and I'm libel to burst into tears.

    Have you heard of a book 'The Dark Goddess - dancing with the Shadow' by Marcia Starck and Gynne Stern. I got it on my last Artist Date in a second hand bookstore. I was drawn to it.

    I might go and take it to bed and have a read. Dave is away in Darwin, Dylan asleep, Phil downstairs asleep also and me in that horrendous tired but too ambivalent to do the right thing and put myself to bed early, frame of mind.

    I have the Chaser tomorrow night - which I'm excited about (had wild dreams about it last night - complete with partial tuxs, circle dancing, personal attention and comments about me being pregnant!!) if I can just hold onto that wonderful thought for a bit.

    I also have my annual movie afternoon to celebrate my birthday with on Friday (birthday on Sunday) - but feeling luke warm about it.... sigh.

    I need some little red caboose juice - I think I can, I think I can ... get through this life quake.

    Thanks for sharing that paragraph ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi - if you think you can, you can...

    from your post it looks as though there's a lot to be grateful for in your life - quake or no quake.

    blessings, D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.