07 September 2007

fibs


While, er, 'researching' just now I came accross the blog of Gregory K.Pincus - inventor of the Fib.

A Fib is a wee poem that follows the Fibonacci Sequence - that is 1/1/2/3/5/8 - the mathematical pattern that is found in nature (eg Nautilus Shells) and in Sacred Geometry is said to be all sorts of perfectly wonderful things... very mystical.

here is mine:

i
was
crap at
maths at school
however this is
really very interesting


I never thought I'd say this but I love Fibs...


8 comments:

  1. I love your post!

    (I hadn't heard of "fibs" either, as poems, though I am well aware of those wonderful mathematical sequences.)

    Welcome aboard this traveling show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to the fibs form--I hadn't heard of them either. And welcome to Poetry Thursday! I got started with poetry here just about a year ago... and it's been great. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fibs are neat to write. I didn't know the information though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always love being exposed to a new form of poetry... thank you for that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've written a few of them and they are a blast. Thanks for joining in and sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love them - fibs are fun to write. Like haiku, they look easy but aren't, at all! Yours is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. shucks
    guys
    its great
    to have your
    feedback and perhaps
    I can do the same for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.