26 July 2008

and for the coming solar eclipse...


'swallow and don't stop' d sinclair '08


"To paraphrase an old saw, the wound becomes the window to the soul. Without the affects, our unconsciousness would continue and we would be deprived of the opportunity to grow, to live more fully, more authentically, more responsibility.

For this reason, shame and dread, although experienced as painful psychological chaos, are, if worked through, opportunities to establish order by integrating into consciousness elements of our lives which were both unconscious and critically important...."

(Sandra Edelman; Turning the Gorgon, a Meditation on Shame)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture and excerpt, they capture beautifully how feel about what's coming up.
    www.johblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Joh, although I now wonder if for this post I wasn't picking up on the Venus-Chiron vibe...

    the eclipse, to me, seems one of personal hope and joy - here's to that!

    d x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.