19 August 2008

bibliomancy for mars in libra



'waiting for moonrise' ds '08


"This is a story about being at home on the earth. To abide requires an abode - where one fits. Vocation is right dwelling, a way of possessing the here and now as a place in which I abide. It has taken over in a modern West in which other homelands, the more traditional ones, have been left to run down, or abandoned - the tribe, community, town and suburb, church, and even family. Ever present, in the near vicinity of I am, it is that trustworthy intimate who is also portable, like a favourite light coat. Snug in that homely coat, the I am may speak through the act of doing the work, speak the grace note. Vocation informs being."

(John Carroll, The Western Dreaming)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.