23 January 2009

bibliomancy for the new moon (solar) eclipse in aquarius...

"...the vision of soul given by anima is more than just one more perspective. The call of soul convinces; it is a seduction into psychological faith, a faith in images and the thought of the heart, into an animation of the world. Anima attaches and involves. She makes us fall into love. We cannot remain the detached observer looking through a lens. In fact, she probably doesn't partake in optical metaphors at all. Instead, she is continually weaving, stewing, and enchanting consciousness into passionate attachments away from the vantage point of a perspective..."

(James Hillman, Anima)

1 comment:

  1. How very apt - especially the reference to detatchment. I have both Venus (9th house) and Jupiter (10th house) in Aquarius and while I'm certain Jupiter works from there, Venus is a struggle.

    I understand now why I always chased men that I could not have - who were absent emotionally, psychologically or geographically. They were safe, they were detached. I wonder also if this is were lots of my sexual wounding comes from - the need to have felt safe and to have not been safe? But I digress.

    I'm going to write the last line down: weaving, stewing, and enchanting consciousness into passionate attachments away from the vantage point of a perspective ... it's a good perscription for life and for writing.

    And it makes me think of the stewed apricots that I've forgotten on the stove and the sewing that I want to do :)

    Happy New Year Dan! May the coming one bring your creative treasures found, unearthed, gifted or created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog - please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to respond.